[R] Course and book announcements on r-help

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri Mar 13 10:26:04 CET 2015

Dear All,

Just wondering: Is there any official policy on announcing R-related courses and books on r-help?

I didn't find anything on this in the posting guide, but http://www.r-project.org/mail.html#instructions says that r-help is, among other things, for "announcements (not covered by 'R-announce' or 'R-packages', see above)". That sounds a bit like this would cover courses and books, but I am not sure. Obviously, R-announce is not meant for that, as it is "for major announcements about the development of R and the availability of new code" and is to be used "for announcements mainly by the R Core Development Team".

I see the occasional course/book announcement, but it seems to me that there are a lot more courses and books out there compared to how many announcements there are related to them on this mailing list. So, I am wondering if such announcements are somewhat implicitly discouraged.

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology