[R] Prevent line truncation in system2() output

Luiz Max Carvalho luizepidemiologia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:02:57 CET 2015

Hey all,

I'm developing an application that calls third party software using
system2(...,  stdout = TRUE) and then reads this using textConnection() +
 read.csv ().

Problem is that sometimes the output is bigger than 8096 bytes and then the
lines are split (from system2 documentation), what messes up what I have
set up to read the output.

Is there any way of preventing system2() from breaking the lines? I think I
can work around this issue, but I'm looking for a cleaner solution for the
time being.

Cheers,

Luiz

--
Luiz Max Fagundes de Carvalho
PhD student, Institute of Evolutionary Biology,  School of Biological

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]