[R] Sensitivity calculations and ROC curves

Bodien, Yelena Guller YBODIEN at partners.org
Wed Mar 18 00:00:57 CET 2015

Dear R gurus,

I have some data that require sensitivity and specificity calculation and generation of an ROC curve. I first calculated the sensitivity and specificity in Excel using generic formulas (true positives/(true positive+false negative) etc. To make the ROC curves I switched to R and used the pROC package. However, the sensitivity and specificity values that the data berate through pROC are not the same as excel. I have tried the different "methods" in pROC and checked that the data are correctly represented in R. Is the R calculation different from the traditional calculations of true positive and true negative rate?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from a mobile device.

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:11}}