[R] R Freezes (Mac) using file.choose()

Vindoggy ! vindoggy at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 04:20:35 CET 2015

I'm using a mac with OSX Yosemite (10.10.2), running the latest version of R (3.1.3). But I've been having this same issue since Mavericks came out, using all of  the different versions of R that have come out since Mavericks.

Often (approximately 15% of the time I would say), whenever I use a function in R that pulls up a mac finder window, R will freeze and I am left with the spinning beach ball until I force-quit R. This happens most frequently when using "file.choose()" to open a file, but has happened to me when changing the working directory through the "Misc" tab as well:

Misc-> Change Working Directory

This has happened on at least three different Mac machines of varying ages, so I don't think this is a computer specific issue. And as much of the scripts I have written use "file.choose()", this happens on a regular basis.

Have other people run into this same issue? If so, is there a fix for it?

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]