[R] A problem someone should know about

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 30 03:59:49 CEST 2015

On 30/03/15 11:52, Ian Lester wrote:
> I’m a novice and this message looks like it shouldn’t be ignored. Someone who knows what they’re doing should probably take a look.
> Thanks
> Ian Lester
>
>> logfat.lm<-(lm(body.fat~log(BMI)))
>> plot(logfat)
> Error in plot(logfat) : object 'logfat' not found
>> plot(logfat.lm)
> Hit <Return> to see next plot:
> Hit <Return> to see next plot:
> Hit <Return> to see next plot:
> Mar 29 18:10:18 iansimac.gateway rsession[69550] <Error>: Error: this
> application, or a library it uses, has passed an invalid numeric
> value (NaN, or not-a-number) to CoreGraphics API. This is a serious
> error and contributes to an overall degradation of system stability
> and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem.
> It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

Please make your examples *reproducible* as the posting guide requests.

I *presume* that your data are the "fat" data from the "UsingR" package,
which you did not mention.

After installing and loading "UsingR" I did

 > logfat.lm <- lm(body.fat~log(BMI),data=fat)
 > plot(logfat.lm)

and got a sequence of plots, with no error thrown. It would appear that
whatever is causing the error that you saw is peculiar to your system.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Rolf Turner