[R] generating phi using function()

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Mon Mar 30 08:12:24 CEST 2015

The argument 'K' is missing since you are only passing four arguments to
the phi() function, but you defined it with five formal parameters. It
looks like the argument 'j' is not necessary in the function.  It is an
unnecessary carry-over from the summation notation and it is never used
in the function.

Dan

On 3/29/2015 4:08 PM, Jim Lemon wrote:
> Hi T.,
> Your translation of the formula looks okay, and the error message is about
> a missing argument. Perhaps you have not included the necessary arguments
> to "phi" in the call to "mls".
>
> Jim
>

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM, T.Riedle <tr206 at kent.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>> I am trying to generate the formula shown in the attachment. My formula so
>> far looks as follows:
>>
>> phi <- function(w1, w2, j, k, K){
>> zaehler <- (k/K)^(w1-1)*(1-k/K)^(w2-1)
>> nenner <- sum( ((1:K)/K)^(w1-1)*(1-(1:K)/K)^(w2-1))
>> return( zaehler/nenner )
>> }
>>
>> Unfortunately something must be wrong here as I get the following message
>> when running a midas regression
>>
>> m22.phi<- midas_r(rv~mls(rvh,1:max.lag+h1,1,phi), start = list(rvh=c(1,1)))
>> Error in phi(c(1, 1), 44L, 1) : argument "K" is missing, with no default
>> Called from: .rs.breakOnError(TRUE)
>> Browse[1]> K<-125
>> Browse[1]> 125
>>
>> Could anybody look into my phi formula and tell me what is wrong with it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA