[R] temporal autocorrelation in MCMCglmm

David Villegas Ríos chirleu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:27:07 CEST 2015

Hi,
For a number of individuals, I have measured several behavioral traits in
the wild. Those traits (e.g. home range) can be estimated on different
temporal scales, for example daily, weekly or monthly. I want to estimate
repeatability of those traits, assuming that the daily/weekly/monthly
measurements represent replicates. I have 3 months (90 days) of data for
each trait. Two questions:

1) How can assess if there is temporal autocorrelation in my model? I guess
that if I consider daily measurements as replicates (90 replicates), I will
have some autocorrelation, but if I use just monthly measurements (3
replicates) maybe I avoid it.

2) How can account for temporal autocorrelation in MCMCglmm?

Sorry for this pretty basic questions but I haven't found an answer so far.

Thanks!

David

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]