[R] Inference Syntax

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri May 1 03:22:31 CEST 2015

Hi Shiv82,
This doesn't look like it comes from the SharpeR, iBATGCH, inference
packages and there are too many other packages using the term to
easily identify it. As Rolf pointed out, alternative hypotheses are
typically framed as:

"two-sided" - non-directional, only specifies that the comparison of
statistics shows a difference.

"less" or "greater" - specifies that one particular statistic (usually
that of an experimental group) in the comparison must be less or
greater than the other (usually the reference group).

Jim