[R] computing AIC when distribution is fitted by lmom or lmomco

Vito M. R. Muggeo vito.muggeo at unipa.it
Tue May 5 15:13:42 CEST 2015

dear Milan,
I think you should consult a (local) statistician for your analyses.
R (and packages) are "only" software, and you need theoretical background.
best,
vito

Il 05/05/2015 14.25, Milan Cisty ha scritto:
> Dear list members,
> Is it possible to compute in R AIC, when model was fitted by methods of
> L-moments (packages lmom or lmomco)?
> Or what could be used to compare different candidate distribution models
> fitting to data?
> Sorry I have no reproducible example, because I do not know how this (AIC)
> could be evaluated in this case or even if it has sense, but I appreciate
> any suggestion.
> Thanks,
> Milan

Vito M.R. Muggeo
Dip.to Sc Statist e Matem `Vianelli'
Università di Palermo
viale delle Scienze, edificio 13
90128 Palermo - ITALY
tel: 091 23895240
fax: 091 485726
http://dssm.unipa.it/vmuggeo

28th IWSM
International Workshop on Statistical Modelling
July 8-12, 2013, Palermo
http://iwsm2013.unipa.it