[R] MOnth over Month Variance in %

Wed May 6 15:09:42 CEST 2015

It seems like the ?diff function might be useful here, but without a reproducible example  (at the very least some data  provided as dput output and results of your Excel calculations for that data) we would have to guess quite a bit and likely be wrong.
Take the recommendations at [1] to heart and give us a better picture of your problem and attempted solution.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing