[R] package implementing continuous binomial?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu May 7 21:10:25 CEST 2015

On May 6, 2015, at 7:00 PM, Benjamin Tyner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm wondering if anyone is aware of an R package implementing (i.e.,
> providing a pdf, cdf, and/or quantile function) for the continuous
> binomial distribution? Specifically the one characterized here:
>
> http://www2.math.uni-paderborn.de/fileadmin/Mathematik/AG-Indlekofer/Workshop/Satellite_meeting/ilenko.pdf
>
> Figured I would check here first, before attempting to code it up myself.

I found that reading the ArXiv version of that material was easier to understand:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.5990

zipfR package has an implementation of the incomplete beta function that might make some of the coding of the pdf and cdf more simple.

Searching done with Graves' very useful utility package:

library('sos')
findFn("incomplete beta function")

(I did't think that doing a search on "continuous Binomial" was likely to be helpful, but I tried it anyway and did not find any functions named "continuous binomial" in their help page titles.)

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA