[R] Calling Function With Arguments In a Script

Fri May 8 02:31:10 CEST 2015

I don't know what your work flow looks like, but I certainly do not equate "writing R with functions" to "passing parameters at the command line".  Rather, these seem quite orthogonal to me. I often have one R file of functions, and another R file where I source the first file and keep a record of various invocations of those functions as I identify which parameter values answer questions I have, and I copy those to an interactive R console session for testing.

I would find the operating system command line an uncomfortable place to experiment with those parameter values because I often want to use R to repeatedly invoke those functions with range of values and then plot those results.

In fact, I can hardly imagine a scenario where I wanted to specify arguments when invoking my R script from the command line, since I can examine the status of the system clock, files and databases from inside R to determine what needed to be done next if I wanted to invoke a script automatically. I would only want to do that if I planned to call R from another scripting language, and I haven't needed to do that yet.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing