[R] [R-sig-Fedora] Building R-3.2.0 from source.

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon May 11 06:19:16 CEST 2015

I just landed in Paris, and haven't read backwards in this thread, but I've done 3.2.0 builds for all current Fedora releases, they're all in updates-testing (I think the Fedora 22 builds are in updates stable now).

The thing that changed is that R doesn't bundle a number of libraries like it used to. This doesn't affect the official Fedora R package, since we never used the bundled libraries. This is documented in the 3.2.0 release notes.

If you really want to build from source, I think you can run:

yum-builddep R

That will install all the necessary Build Requires to build R from source. You need to have the yum-utils package installed for that command to exist.

Hope that helps.