[R] [R-sig-Fedora] Building R-3.2.0 from source.

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon May 11 11:26:39 CEST 2015

On 05/11/2015 09:42 AM, Rolf Turner wrote:
> It certainly did!  Success.  Thank you hugely!
>
> But if I may ask a supplementary question:  You say "If you really want
> to build from source ....".  No, I don't *want* to; I have to.  At least
> in my understanding.  I run the ancient and beyond end-of-life Fedora
> 17.  (I haven't the nerve to try to upgrade; my current system may be
> kludgey, but at least it works.  And I *know* that if I try to upgrade
> all hell will break loose.)  It is my understanding that "current Fedora
> releases" *do not* include Fedora 17.  Or do they?
> If so, how would I get my hands on an R binary for Fedora 17?
>
> That's really just an academic question at present, since I have now
> managed, thanks to your help, to build R 3.2.0 from source.

Wow. Well, I can't say that I'm building anything for end-of-lifed
Fedora releases, though I understand your predicament.

That said, I am still building for EL5, which is older than Fedora 17,
so you could try to rebuild the R src.rpm from koji. If it does not work
properly, let me know, and I will try to fix the conditionals so that it
does.

Glad you got it working. :)

~tom

==