[R] Fw: Downloading R

e.robinson at pnc.com e.robinson at pnc.com
Tue May 12 03:41:10 CEST 2015

>         My name is Erick Robinson and I am a SAS administrator at PNC
> Bank.  I have been tasked with installing R on two of our SAS servers,
> but am having trouble downloading the source.  I have little background
> in UNIX (our servers run On Solaris under Unix) and cannot get to the
> site to download.  I clicked on the link in red and it took me to the
> green arrow without any options to download.  I was going to download to
> Windows and then FTP to the server.  What is the best way to download
the source to our solaris server?  Thanks

Erick Robinson
Software Engineer Lead
Retail MIS SAS Support

PNC Technology and Operations
23000 Mill Creek Blv.
Hignland Hills, Oh  44122
440-342-3100
e.robinson at pnc.com

----- Forwarded by Erick Robinson/TPS/CLE/PNC on 05/11/2015 09:39 PM -----

From:   Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>
To:     e.robinson at pnc.com, R-windows at R-project.org,
Date:   05/11/2015 02:52 PM
Subject:        Re: Downloading R

On 11/05/2015 2:37 PM, e.robinson at pnc.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
>         My name is Erick Robinson and I am a SAS administrator at PNC
> Bank.  I have been tasked with installing R on two of our SAS servers,
> but am having trouble downloading the source.  I have little background
> in UNIX (our servers run On Solaris under Unix) and cannot get to the
> site to download.  I clicked on the link in red and it took me to the
> green arrow without any options to download.  I was going to download to
> Windows and then FTP to the server

It is much easier to install from a tarball, not from the Subversion
repository.  But more importantly, you're writing to the wrong place.
If my hint is not sufficient, please write to R-help, not to R-windows.
 This is the development list for the Windows version, not a general
support list.

Duncan Murdoch

> Erick Robinson
> Software Engineer Lead
> Retail MIS SAS Support
>
> *PNC Technology and Operations*
> 23000 Mill Creek Blv.
> Hignland Hills, Oh  44122
> 440-342-3100
> e.robinson at pnc.com
>

> The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not
> addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you
> received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy
> without permission of the sender. This message may be considered a
> commercial electronic message under Canadian law or this message may
> contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute
> a commercial electronic mail message under US law. You may unsubscribe
> at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages from PNC at
> http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
> PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]