[R] Fixed effects regression and robust regression

michael westphal mi_westphal at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 22:23:13 CEST 2015

Hello:
I am using R 3.0.2.
I have panel data on countries' renewable energy net generation (and installed capacity) over time.  I am regressing these dependent variables on various socioeconomic variables, as well as binary policy variables.  I have have done basic OLS, but I wanted to explore both fixed effects models, as there are likely significant country effects (using plm) and robust regression (using rlm), as Q-Q plots indicate that there are some strong outliers.  This might be a question of apples and oranges, but how do I compare the goodness of fit of the fixed effects models with the robust regression models?  One can use F-tests to compare OLS and the fixed effects, and since the OLS and robust regressions have the same number of DFs, looking at the residual standard error is insightful.  Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Michael

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]