[R] Heatmap

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri May 22 23:07:13 CEST 2015

On May 22, 2015, at 10:32 AM, Carlos Javier Rincon Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi. Good morning.
>
> I am trying to load a shapefile to do a heatmap of Colombia. I using all
> this package:
>
> library(ctv)
>
> library(spatial)
>
> library(ggplot2)
>
> library(sp)
>
> library(rgdal)
>
> library(rgeos)
>
> library(maptools)
>
> library(ggmap)
>

> and a using this two commands to load the file:
>

> depto<-readShapePoly("depto.shp")

Was going to suggest following up on the SIG-geo mailing list since the shape-shifters don't all hang out in these parts, but I see that you crossposted. (That's not considered good form on R mailing lists.)

> depto <- readOGR(dsn = ".", "depto")
>

> but the result is:
>

>     depto<-readShapePoly("depto.shp")
>
>     Error in getinfo.shape(filen) : Error opening SHP file
>

>     depto <- readOGR(dsn = ".", "depto")
>
>     Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding,
> use_iconv = use_iconv,  : Cannot open file
>

> Also I am working in a MAC computer and when I open R, I have this warning
> message:
>

>    WARNING: You're using a non-UTF8 locale, therefore only ASCII
> characters will work.
>
>    Please read R for Mac OS X FAQ (see Help) section 9 and adjust your
> system preferences accordingly.
>

> I looking the R for Mac document but there is not section 9.!!!

This FAQ:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html

(I see 10 numbered major headings, although admittedly the 9th is the acknowledgements section. I'm wondering if it were the 7th section that was meant, since it has information about setting the locale.)

--
David.

> Thanks for any help.
>

> Carlos.

> cjrinconr at unal.edu.co>:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> This is my problem. I try to load a shapefile to do a heatmap of Colombia.
>> I using all this package:
>>
>> library(ctv)
>>
>> library(spatial)
>>
>> library(ggplot2)
>>
>> library(sp)
>>
>> library(rgdal)
>>
>> library(rgeos)
>>
>> library(maptools)
>>
>> library(ggmap)
>>

>> and a using this two commands to load the file:
>>

>> depto<-readShapePoly("depto.shp")
>>
>> depto <- readOGR(dsn = ".", "depto")
>>

>> but the result is:
>>

>> depto<-readShapePoly("depto.shp")
>>
>> Error in getinfo.shape(filen) : Error opening SHP file
>>

>> depto <- readOGR(dsn = ".", "depto")
>>
>> Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding, use_iconv
>> = use_iconv,  :
>>
>>  Cannot open file
>>
>> I attach the shapefile that i using.
>>
>> also i am working in mac computer i don know if that could be the reason.
>>
>> if somebody knows thanks.

>> Look at the heatmap function

>>> Geriatric Medicine

David Winsemius