[R] Printing with Header & no of observations

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Wed May 27 15:35:13 CEST 2015

I am not totally clear on the header question but would something like ?head help here?  It will show a certain number of rows of data with headers included .  I think the default is 6 rows but if all you want to do is check names and a bit of data something like head(xx, 2) works nicely.

RE output -- yes there is a limit, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6758727/how-to-increase-the-limit-for-max-print-in-r.
If you want to examine 'really' huge outputs you might want to use ?sink or perphaps write the file to disc (?write.file) and examine it in a text editor.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada