[R] About performance of R

Wed May 27 19:33:29 CEST 2015

a) Base R already includes the "parallel" package. Deciding to use more than one processor for a particular computation is a very high level decision that can require knowledge of computing time cost, importance of other tasks on the system, and interdependence of computation results. It is not a decision that R should automatically make.

b) Most performance issues with R arise due to users choosing inefficient algorithms. Inserting parallelism inside existing algorithms will not fix that.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing