[R] Automatically updating a plot from a regularly updated data file

Sam Albers tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Fri May 29 21:51:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have a question about using R in a way that may not be correct but I
thought I would ask anyway.

I have an instrument that outputs a text file with comma separated data. A
new line is added to the file each time the instrument takes a new reading.
Is there any way to configure R such that a script to generate a plot from
said text file is re-run each time the file is modified (i.e. a new line is
added). So basically update an exported plot each time a new line of data
is collected.

Is this type of thing possible in R? If not can anyone recommend some
Windows (or Linux if need be) tools that could help me accomplish this
preferably still utilizing R's plotting capabilites? I know that there are
other tools that can do this all but nothing makes figures as nicely as R.

I suppose more generally this is a question about way to automate processes
with R to take advantage of R's functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]