[R] JAGS 4.x, rjags 4.x problems | Linux -- solved

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:44:00 CET 2015

Well, sort of. I got sufficiently frustrated that I completely
uninstalled R, jags, and everything related. Did a re-install using only
versions of R nd JAGS found in the epel repo. No muss, no muss -- all
works.

Out of curiosity, uninstalled again, and tried my usual sequence of
manually compile R from source, same with JAGS. R works, JAGS works, but
can't get any R package linking the two (say, rjags, R2jags), to
recognize that JAGS is installed.

Ah well, at least the 'install from repos' approach works. I'll have to
make do with that.