[R] QuantMod and XML

Robert Sherry rsherry8 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 8 01:37:37 CET 2015

Thanks for the response. I am currently using Windows 7. I tried the
following command:
     install.packages("XML", repos = "http://www.omegahat.org/R")
and I got:
     Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Bob/Documents/R/win-library/3.1’
     (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
     Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.omegahat.org/R/bin/windows/contrib/3.1

        package ‘XML’ is available as a source package but not as a binary

     Warning message: package ‘XML’ is not available (for R version 3.1.2)

I also tried this command:
     install.packages("RSXML", repos = "http://www.omegahat.org/R")
and I got:
     Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Bob/Documents/R/win-library/3.1’
     (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
     Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.omegahat.org/R/bin/windows/contrib/3.1
     Warning message:
     package ‘RSXML’ is not available (for R version 3.1.2)

I am wondering why it is not work. Please help.

Thanks
Bob