[R] Environment question

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Nov 13 19:53:11 CET 2015

Make a new environment for each function and populate it with
the variables that your functions require.  local() is a convenient
way to do this:

f.factory3 <- function(destinationEnvir = globalenv())
{
  for (y in 2:3) {
    fname <- paste("plus", y, sep = ".")
    f <- local(function(x) x + y, envir=list2env(list(y=y),
parent=destinationEnvir))
    assign(fname, f, envir = destinationEnvir)
  }
}

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software