[R] Fwd: Error survreg: Density function returned an an invalid matrix

Israel Ortiz isra4884 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 05:18:11 CET 2015

I don´t know how to write a pareto distribution in that form, I want a
pareto function for time because I have a time variable that fits that
distribution. For a weibull and lognormal it is very easy because they are
particular cases from a extreme value and gaussian distributions. I think
it is possible to write a pareto using an exponential distribution,but I´m
not sure, I tried this using :

# OPTION 1.
# Define one distribution in terms of another

library(foreign)
library(survival)
library(VGAM)

my.pareto <- survreg.distributions$exponential
my.pareto$name <- "Pareto"
my.pareto$scale <- NULL

#Using the following transformation:

my.pareto$dtrans <- function(y) min(y)*exp(y)

survregDtest(my.pareto, TRUE)
set.seed(1)
a <- rpareto(100, 1, 6)
b <- rnorm(100,5,1)
c <- rep(1,100)
base <- cbind.data.frame(a,b,c)
mod1 <- survreg(Surv(a, c) ~ b, base, dist = my.pareto)
summary(mod1)

# It works but I don´t know if it's correct

# OPTION 2.
# Using Density, distribution function, quantile function and random
generation for the Pareto(I) distribution
# from VGAM package.

my.pareto3 <- list(name='Pareto',
                 init= function(x, weights,alpha,k){
                   alpha <- length(x)/(sum(log(x))-length(x)*log(min(x)))
                   k <-min(x)
                   c(media <-(alpha*k/(alpha-1)),varianza <-
((k/alpha)^2)*(alpha/(alpha-2)))},
                 density= function (x, alpha,k)  {
                   alpha <- length(x)/(sum(log(x))-length(x)*log(min(x)))
                   k <-min(x)
                   pvec <- seq(0.1, 0.9, by = 0.1)
                   qvec <- qpareto(pvec, alpha, k)
                     cbind(ppareto(qvec, alpha, k),
                           1-ppareto(qvec, alpha,  k),
                           dpareto(x,  alpha,  k),
                           -(alpha+x)/x,
                           (alpha+1)*(alpha+2)/x^2)},
                 deviance=function(x) {stop('deviance residuals not
defined')},
                 quantile= function(alpha,k) qpareto(seq(0.1, 0.9, by =
0.1), alpha, k))

survregDtest(my.pareto3, TRUE)

mod3 <- survreg(Surv(a, c) ~ b, base, dist = my.pareto3)

# Did not work and I don't want a fixed value for alpha and k paremeters
but the function needs a default.
# I got this error:

Error in logdensity[xok] <- log(shape[xok]) + shape[xok] * log(scale[xok])
- : NAs are not allowed in subscripted assignments
6
dpareto(x, alpha, k)
5
cbind(ppareto(qvec, alpha, k), 1 - ppareto(qvec, alpha, k), dpareto(x,
alpha, k), -(alpha + x)/x, (alpha + 1) * (alpha + 2)/x^2)
4
density(z, parms)
3
derfun(y, yy, exp(vars), sd$density, parms)
2
survreg.fit(X, Y, weights, offset, init = init, controlvals = control, dist
= dlist, scale = scale, nstrat = nstrata, strata, parms = parms)
1
survreg(Surv(a, c) ~ b, base, dist = my.pareto3)

So, I don't know what else can I do.

Thanks.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]