[R] SWEAVE - a gentle introduction

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:48:04 CET 2015

John,

One additional point that I have not seen brought up yet.  If your
main goal is to have all the output from an existing R script put into
a single output file then you should look at the `stitch` function in
the knitr package.  This will take an existing R script and convert it
to one of the formats that knitr can process, then processes it for
you without you needing to modify the script or learn any of the
markdown (LaTeX or HTML or other).  You do not have a lot of control
over how the output looks, but it is quick and easy.

For the long run I would suggest learning to use the full power of
knitr, but stitch (and the related spin function which gives a few
more options) is a quick way to process an existing script.