[R] summarize_ (NSE) in combination with quantile not working

Sébastien Durier sdurier.stat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:59:57 CET 2015

Hello,

A more explicit response can be found in :
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lazyeval/vignettes/lazyeval.html
where it is explained that :
"quoted called and strings don’t have environments associated with them,
so as.lazy() defaults to using baseenv(). This will work if the
expression is self-contained (i.e. doesn’t contain any references to
variables in the local environment), and will otherwise fail quickly and
robustly."
So summarise_ seems to work with "min" because this function is in the
base package, but not with "quantile" which is in the stats package.
A solution using strings could be :
summarise_(mtcars, "stats::quantile(mpg, 0.1)")

SD