[R] PCA plot of variable names only

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 30 15:25:28 CET 2015

Your description is obscure but the following may get you started. The function prcomp() returns a list in which the matrix x contains the rotated values of your input. Assuming that your "variable names" are the rownames of your input, you can plot them with text().

Something like (untested):

myPCA <- prcomp(someData)
plot(myPCA$x[,1], myPCA$x[,2], type = "n")
text(myPCA$x[,1], myPCA$x[,2], rownames(someData))

B.