[R] summation equation whose numerator has subscript

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Nov 30 23:17:55 CET 2015

I cannot understand that summation at all,  much less translate it to R. Do you have an original citation for this thing?

As for putting subscripts in parameter lists,  that is not going to happen. You have to accept that the code that calls your function needs to do any necessary subscripting before it gives that piece to your function. Keep in mind that apply functions do this by their nature without the mess of specifying it yourself. If you know that the automatic subscripting that sapply does is not going to get the result you want then don't use that function.