[R] vector graphics

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at univ-reims.fr
Tue Oct 6 16:42:17 CEST 2015

Dear useRs,

A colleague of mine is having a problem with graphic devices. The goal
is to save into a vector graphic format that can be edited with
Illustrator CS4.

On my Mac (Snow Leopard), I use RSvgDevice::devSVG() and it works fine.
But on her Windows Vista computer, I cannot find an alternative.>
sessionInfo()
R version 3.2.2 (2015-08-14)
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)
Running under: Windows Vista (build 6002) Service Pack 2

I have tried:
- pdf(): I cannot dissociate the graphical elements (no problem with text)
- cairo_pdf(): the text is replaced by symbols
- cairo_ps(): fine except that the text is not text but object (it is
then a bit troublesome, as any text modification requires the text to be
completely rewritten)
- svg(): the graphic is completely screwed up (it seems to be a scaling
problem, with symbols and letters all very large and superposed)
- RSvgDevice cannot be installed on the Windows machine, neither as
binary nor from source.

Is there any other device that could work? If not, is it a matter of
settings? So, basically, what can I do?

Thank you in advance,
Ivan

--