[R] Installing pre-compiled R in Linux

Sasikumar Kandhasamy ckmsasi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:59:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have downloaded the pre-compiled version of R package:
r-base-core(3.2.2-1) for i386 platform. Unzipped the package under my tmp
directory (/tmp). The directories "et"c and "usr" got created with binaries
R and Rscript under /tmp/usr/bin/.

Executing the R (/tmp/usr/bin/R) or Rscript (/tmp/usr/bin/Rscipt) reports
the below error,

./usr/bin/R
                                             ./usr/bin/R: line 238:
/usr/lib/R/etc/ldpaths: No such file or directory
ERROR: R_HOME ('/usr/lib/R') not found

How to reconfigure the R environment variables? Because, i tried setting
the R_HOME directory to "/tmp/usr/lib/R" but still not working.

The Linux version i am using is  2.6.32. Please help me with the steps to
install the R correctly. Thanks.

Regards
Sasi

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]