[R] Installing different R versions

Luca Cerone luca.cerone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:14:23 CEST 2015

Dear all,
on one shared machine we have an older R version installed. Some packages
have known issues with that version that are fixed in newer R versions.

Since that is a production machine with many jobs running we would like to
keep things as they are. However I would also like to keep advantage of the
newest version and the bug fixes introduced.

What would be the best way to install a newer version along the one that
already exists? Is it possible to install it for a specific user only?

Cheers,
Luca

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]