[R] Installing pre-compiled R in Linux

Thu Oct 8 09:11:44 CEST 2015

There is a manual for compiling and installing R. There is also a mailing list (described in the Posting Guide) called R-devel where topics like compiling R are actually on topic, unlike here. If you have to cross-compile then you probably have a bit more work ahead of you than most users would have, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get familiar with the innards of R so you can decide exactly which features you need. I have not heard of anyone rolling R into an embedded system, but this list would not be the place to hear about it so that probably doesn't mean much.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing