[R] additive proportional odds model in R

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Oct 8 16:56:06 CEST 2015

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 4:38 AM, Neverstop <neverstop at hotmail.it> wrote:
>
> Thank you David Winsemius for the answer.
>
> With the ambiguous term "additive proportional odds model", I meant the
> nonparametrical generalization of the parametrical proportional odds model.
> In other words, I meant to fit a generalized additive model (GAM) with a
> cumulative logit as link function.
>
>> I think you should understand that Nabble postings to R-help will soon not
> be allowed.
> I didn't know that. Why? Should I post this topic somewhere else?

Hi,

To your primary question, see the VGAM package on CRAN:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/VGAM/

There is also a reference here that you might find helpful:

  http://www.stat.ufl.edu/~aa/ordinal/R_examples.pdf

To your question regarding David's comment on Nabble:

  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2015-October/432752.html

Regards,

Marc Schwartz