[R] [FORGED] Re: correlated binomial random variables

li li hannah.hlx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 04:32:18 CEST 2015

Thanks Dennis and Rolf. Yes. Simulation is one way. I think
correlation does not determine the joint distribution so it will not
be unique. Under specific settings, the joint probability of X, Y can
be calculated. For example, let X=X_0+X_1 and Y=X_0+X_2, with X_0
being Binomial(n_0, p) and X_1, and X_2 are both Binomial(n, p). X_0,
X_1, and X_2 are all independent. Then X, Y are correlated and P(X <=
t, Y <= t) can be exactly calculated.

Thanks!
   Hanna