[R] importing spss files without value labels

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Oct 9 20:43:47 CEST 2015

On Oct 9, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Yongnam Kim wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know how to import spss data file (.sav) to R using foreign pkg like
> read.spss(file, use.value.labels = FALSE,...) but I like to use a different
> pkg, in particular, memisc. Is there any corresponding way to drop the
> value labels when importing?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

This is the third day in a row that you have posted an identical message. You should be asking yourself why you have not gotten any answers. One possibility is that people do not have any copies of an spss file that they can use for testing. You might consider posting a link to one. You should also read the Posting Guide:

And also read the linked classic article by Eric Raymond that discusses how to proerly ask a technical question on a technical forum.

And as always .... do post in plain text.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA