[R] class-specific Gini metrics for Random Forest?

Matt Fagan treetexan2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:39:12 CEST 2015

library(randomForest)
data(iris)
fit <- randomForest(Species ~ ., data=iris, importance=TRUE);
fit.imp<-importance(fit)
fit.imp

columns 1-3 of fit.imp show the class-specific variable importance for the
Mean Decrease Acuracy measure (MDA). Is there a way to calculate
class-specific Gini metrics rather than the default class-specific MDA?
Simply setting "importance(fit, type=2)" doesn't do it.

I really want to do calculate these metrics. I was about to start trying to
code a way to do it, but thought I would ask here first.  Many thanks for
any help or pointers--I hope I missed something simple.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]