[R] algorithmic method quantile regression

T.Riedle tr206 at kent.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 21:56:22 CEST 2015

Greetings R Community,
I am trying to run a quantile regression using the quantreg package. My regression includes 7 independent variables with approx. 800 daily observations each. Thus, I think that the Barrodale and Roberts algorithm should do the trick. However, the Frisch-Newton after preprocessing returns different results and more significant coefficients than the br method. Which algorithmic method should I use now? Do the results mean that the Frisch-Newton after preprocessing dominates the br method?

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]