[R] 'strange' R graphics problem | Linux...

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 00:50:19 CEST 2015

On 10/14/2015 4:00 PM, Evan Cooch wrote:

> On 10/14/2015 3:51 PM, Thomas Adams wrote:
>> Evan,
>>
>> I have Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.10 at home and have not had problems, but
>> I don't think I've been using R 3.2.2 — I'll try this evening.
>
> Indeed - it could be an R-version issue, and not so much the distro. I
> might, for chuckles, roll back to 3.2.1, and see what happens.
>

>> Tom

Tested on a Linux Mint 17.2 system, Cinnamon desktop -- R 3.2.2.
Graphics work *perfectly*.

Will try rolling back to earlier version of R tomorrow on the CentOS
6.xx box, to see if something has changed with R that is no longer
playing nice with X11 as implemented on CentOS -- this wouldn't surprise
me entirely, since CentOS goes for 'stability', whereas Mint is closer
to 'bleeding edge'. If R is expecting a more 'current' implementation of
X11 and associated libs than CentOS has, that would explain the problem.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]