[R] Problem in SVM model generation

Bhawana Sahu bhawanasahu742 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:51:10 CEST 2015

 I am using R in my project for analysis of data, and I have generated SVM
model using kernlab package with the dataset (3000 rows and 281 columns).
Now I want to generate this model for dataset containing 8000 rows and 281
column, but here I am getting an error saying that "cannot allocate vector
of size 2.4 gb"

Earlier I was running this model on system with 4GB RAM, now I tried this
on the system having RAM size of 64 gb, I tried all possible way to
increase memory limit of R, and virtual memory, but problem persist.

Please suggest me what can be the issue with this, why am I getting this
error, Is there any limitation of this package.

Thank you

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]