[R] Problem in generating any model with my dataset in R

Fox, John jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 19 13:43:28 CEST 2015

Dear Bhawana Sahu,

You don't show any of the commands that you used to produce this error, so one can only guess at its source, but the error message you quote seems reasonably clear -- apparently, you failed to specify the data argument to the function(s) you called.

For example, with a data frame named D containing a variable y among others, lm(y ~ .) will fail but lm(y ~ ., data=D) will work.

If you *did* specify the data argument, then you'll have to provide more information about what you did, ideally including a small reproducible example.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University