[R] Most appropriate function for the following optimisation issue?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:13:10 CEST 2015

Correction.

Yes, it's the projection of S onto the subspace orthogonal to B which is:

X <- S - (B%o%B) %*% S/ sum(B*B)

and is also implied by Duncan's solution since that is what the residuals
of linear regression are.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com

email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]