[R] How to calculate the shared area of 2 plots?

Jackson Rodrigues jacksonmrodrigues at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:18:38 CET 2015

Dear all,

I have 2 data sets (A and B) with normal distributions. When I plot them
together, they overlay/share one part of plot.
I want to extract from each A and B that shared area.
Actually I want to sum A+B and then to compare the result with the
individual shared area of A and B to know how much (in %) each one
represents. (Am I clear?)

The folowing codes do not represent exactly my data, however the final
result (plot) is very similar to what I get in the end with my data.
I can provide my original data if necessary.

A<-seq(-4,4,.01)
B<-seq(-4,4,.01)

densities<-dnorm(A, 0,1)
densities2<-dnorm(B, 0,1)

plot(A,densities, type="l", col="red")
lines(B+2,densities2, type="l")

I am very grateful for any support, help, advise  and etc ... :)

best wishes

Jackson
--

Jackson M. Rodrigues
Department of Palynology and Climate Dynamics

*"In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can."*
*Nikos Kazantzakis*

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]