[R] urgent question about Lmer models

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:04:39 CEST 2015

Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You need to consult a local statistical expert or post on a statistics
> list like stats.stackexchange.com .  This is a statistical question
> not an R question.
>
> The answer is: Because the design is balanced and the treatment error
> is obtained from the (within site) rsd, but you will probably need
> more explanation than this.
>
> BTW, if you haven't already done so, try making some informative
> trellised plots to understand what is going on. Formal statistical
> analysis alone can be very misleading.
>
> Cheers,
> Bert
>
> Bert Gunter

   That's a good explanation, very similar to the one I posted
at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32383259/
   lmertest-package-standard-errors  (broken URL for Gmane).

  I know most people who read this message will already know this,
but (to the original poster) *please don't cross-post to R lists and
StackOverflow*; it causes wasted effort, as in this case.

  Ben Bolker