[R] ggplot2 will not install after system upgrade

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Sep 3 23:24:26 CEST 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Jeff Trefftzs <jeff at trefftzs.org> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded my laptop from Fedora Core 20 to Fedora Core 22, and
> after the upgrade R can no longer use the ggplot2 library.  The
> principal complaint seems to be that libicui18n.so.50 is not found. The
> version of libicu that is installed is version 54.  On the other hand,
> the same environment exists on my desktop computer, also with version
> 54 of libicu and all works just fine.
> Any hints?  Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Thanks,

Jeff,

How did you install R (RPM or compiled source) and did you re-install after the F22 upgrade, or just upgrade from F20 to F22 in place?

Since F20 EOL’d this summer, you would likely need to install current R RPMs built for F22, after the upgrade and/or rebuild R from source post the F22 upgrade.

My guess is a version incompatibility issue, where you are running a version of R built for F20 on F22.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz