[R] Exporting column names with spaces with write.csv() XXXX

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:57:58 CEST 2015

Hi Dan,
I don't get this behavior with R-3.2.2:

da.df<-data.frame(1:3,4:6)
names(da.df)<-c("no good","no good at all")
> da.df
  no good no good at all
1       1              4
2       2              5
3       3              6
write.csv(da.df,file="gloop.csv",row.names=FALSE)

gives me this:

"no good","no good at all"
1,4
2,5
3,6

Are you sure that R didn't add the periods when you created the data frame?
They would then be written into the CSV file.

Jim