[R] question about categorical variables in R

Lida Zeighami lid.zigh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:45:42 CEST 2015

Hi dear experts,
I have a general question in R, about the categorical variable such as
Gender(Male or Female)
If I have this column in my data and wanted to do regression model or feed
the data to  seqmeta packages (singlesnp, skat meta) , would you please let
me know should I code them first ( male=0 and female=1) or R programming do
it for me?
Because when I didn't code them, R still can do the analysis without any
error but I'm not sure it's correct or not?
Thanks

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]