[R] Boolean expression

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:19:02 CEST 2015

Hi Jue,
The character sequence "<-" is preferentially interpreted as "assign the
value on the right to the name on the left". You can use parentheses to
force the unary minus to be interpreted:

if(a<(-1))

or you can just break the sequence with a space:

if(a< -1)

One less character, but perhaps easier to misread.

Jim