[R] How to read CSV from web?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:56:17 CEST 2015

Your read.csv call works for me under Windows on "R version 3.2.2 Patched
(2015-08-25 r69180)"  but not on "R version 3.1.3 Patched (2015-03-16
r68169)".

Suggest you upgrade your R installation and try again.

If you are on Windowsw and don't want to upgrade right now an alternative
is to issue this command first: setInternet2()

Also note that header = TRUE and sep = "," are the defaults for read.csv so
those arguments can be optionally omitted.