[R] [FORGED] help with old libraries

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Sep 15 12:41:10 CEST 2015

On 15/09/15 21:54, Pau Marc Muñoz Torres wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>   I want to use Rapidr package, it is an old package that uses the
> package requires GenomicRanges version 1.14.4. The current version of the
> package is GenomicRanges 1.20.6. There is some way of having both the
> actual and the previous packages installed? I tried to install the package
> locally, but I had problems with dependences, how can I deal with it? Would
> be possible have both versions installed and choose which one to use?

To some extent you can do this by having different versions of packages
installed in different libraries (directories), say "Lib1" and "Lib2",
and then issuing commands of the form

    library(foo,lib.loc="Lib1")

or

    library(foo,lib.loc="Lib2")

However having different dependencies might mess up this strategy.  I
dunno.  Perhaps younger and wiser heads will contribute some more
definitive advice.

Also my experience with this strategy is under a Linux OS.  If you are
running Windoze (as you probably are --- you didn't say) who knows what
will go wrong?

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--