[R] Function stslshac {sphet}: heteroskedasticity and autocorrelation consistent (HAC) estimator

monika nov monika.novac at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:46:10 CEST 2015

Dear R-users,

I have quite basic question for econometricians, however I would like to be
sure in this.

If I use a HAC estimator of the variance-covariance (VC) matrix for a
spatial econometric model, do I still need to test the residuals for
spatial autocorrelation and heteroscedasticity? (in particular I am using
function stslshac available in package sphet. The estimator is based on
Kelejian, H.H. and Prucha, I.R. (2007) HAC estimation in a spatial
framework, Journal of Econometrics, 140, pages 131–154).

What if the residuals from model estimated by stslshac are spatially
autocorrelated and (or) heteroscedastic? Can I still use this estimator
with HAC estimate of VC matrix or shall I go for different estimator or
specification? Do the estimates have required properties (are they
unbiased, consistent, efficient)?

I would be grateful for any reaction.

Monika

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]